Nanofilm Recommends Eye Health Resolutions for 2014
Valley View, OH (PRWEB) December 26, 2013
Nanofilm, maker of Clarity® lens care and Defog It anti-fog products for eyewear, is urging Americans to remember eye health in their 2014 New Year’s resolutions. Consumers, eyecare professionals and workplace safety professionals are invited to post ideas to Nanofilm’s Clarity Optical Blog at http://www.nanofilmproducts.com.
“There are going to be 365 days of wonderful sights in 2014,” notes Jodi Groh, Nanofilm’s Director of Marketing. “Resolutions to take care of your eyes and eyewear are a smart way to see a happier, healthier new year.”
Nanofilm offers a list of suggested eye health resolutions for 2014.
1. Regular eye exams promote vision and general health. For eyeglass wearers, a new prescription may be in order. Even if vision seems fine, regular eye exams are important to detect eye problems, such as glaucoma, which may not have symptoms at their early stages. Exams can even detect the signs of non-vision diseases like high blood pressure and diabetes.
2. Eye exams assure kids have the good vision they need for learning. Youngsters often don’t realize that blurry vision is abnormal, so schedule regular eye exams. According to the American Optometric Association, up to 80% of learning is visual.
3. Safety eyewear at work prevents injuries. Every day about 2000 workers suffer a job-related eye injury that requires medical treatment. The appropriate safety glasses, goggles or other eye protection can prevent up to 90% of eye injuries.
4. Eye safety begins at home. 125,000 home eye injuries occur each year involving common household activities. Wearing appropriate safety eyewear when snow blowing, mowing and doing DIY projects protects vision.
5. When was the last eye safety audit at work? New Year’s is a perfect time to review workplace eye safety rules and update the safety audit. It’s also a great time to inspect all safety eyewear to be sure it’s in good condition.
6. A home safety audit makes vision sense. Are there are safety glasses handy in the toolbox or work area? Are tools in good condition? Are chemicals stored safely? Is the work area clear of hazardous debris?
7. Sports safety eyewear for adults and children is a must. Every 13 minutes a child’s eye injury is treated in the Emergency Room, says the National Eye Institute. Top sports for eye injuries? Baseball, ice hockey, racquet sports and basketball.
8. Proper care of eyewear protects a vision investment. Professional lens cleaners are formulated to safely and effectively clean the lenses of eyeglasses and sunglasses. Paper products and clothing can scratch. Glass cleaners, household detergents, or household soaps can damage coatings, resulting in haziness or peeling. Glasses should be stored glasses in a case and never placed face down on the lenses.
9. Snowsports demand eye protection. For skiers and snowboarders, wind and snow, not to mention debris on the slopes, can impair vision. That’s why the National Ski Patrol says, “Always wear eye protection.” A reliable anti-fog treatment to assure clear vision all day long is a smart addition for the snowsports gearbag.
10. Anyone can give the gift of sight. This is the perfect time of year to donate to charities that preserve and protect vision, such as Prevent Blindness America, OneSight and Lions Club International.
About Nanofilm: Nanofilm (http://www.nanofilmproducts.com), founded in 1985, is a global optical leader in lens care and coatings. Millions of people around the world use Nanofilm products, including Ultra Clarity™, Clarity Clean It™, Clarity Defog It™, EcoClens™ and other lens care products, as well as nanotechnology-enabled coatings.
, Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.
Vocus, PRWeb, and Publicity Wire are trademarks or registered trademarks of Vocus, Inc. or Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.